Visiting Assistant Professor for English and Communication
The University of Mary invites applications for a single-term, visiting assistant faculty position in English and Communication to begin Fall 2017. Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and rank. A Ph.D. is required by time of employment. Candidates with demonstrated ability in both Communication and English are encouraged to apply; candidates must be able to teach courses in oral communication, composition at all levels, and advanced business communication.
Applicants should also excel in teaching at the undergraduate level and be able to teach broadly among the various areas of English and Communication. All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php).
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
- A Ph.D. is required by the time of employment
- Must be able to teach courses in oral communication, composition at all levels, and advanced business communication
- Willing to upholds and support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Willing to support the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Willing to build a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Academic Affairs and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a letter of interest and your curriculum vitae to email@example.com or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer