Administrative Assistant – Office of Community Relations
The University of Mary invites applications for a full-time, non-exempt Administrative Assistant for the Community Relations. This position serves as an administrative assistant for the Office of Community Relations at the University of Mary. This employee supports the events staff with clerical duties associated with planning events for both internal and external groups across the main campus. Duties of the Administrative Assistant for Community Relations include providing support to the Director of Community Relations and employees, assisting in daily office needs and completing the office’s general administrative activities. A successful administrative assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operations of our office.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Answers, screens, and forwards any incoming phone calls, while providing basic information as needed. Performs clerical duties: photocopying, mailing, filing, and meeting scheduling
- Responsible for collecting invitation lists as requested by supervisor
- Provides Benedictine hospitality by greeting, welcoming, and directing internal and external visitors to the Lumen Vitae University Center. Exhibits a heart of service for the University of Mary and those it serves.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing identified goals and tasks as needed
- Updates appointment calendars and schedules meetings/appointments for Event Staff. Maintains security by following procedures and controlling access
- Assists with coordination of main campus events scheduling as required by department. Performs administrative activities related to events campus-wide
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Public Affairs and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
- Associate’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Interest in pursuing additional skills and professional development as recommended by the Director of Community Relations
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry is preferred
Knowledge and Skills Include:
- Exceptionally strong communication, organizational, and management skills to handle large number of details with multiple projects under firm schedules and deadlines
- Detail-oriented with exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to establish and maintain relationships with clients, donors, university staff, faculty, vendors, and other professional colleagues
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work well as a team member and independently
- Computer literacy including advanced use and understanding of Microsoft Office, e-mail, Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Must be comfortable using or learning to use multimedia technologies
- Is able to accommodate the high demands resulting from client requests and conference coordination requirements
- Understands and articulates campus policies and monitors compliance when serving external clients
- Contributes to the professional tone of the University of Mary in dress and demeanor
- Is able to work flexible and/or extended hours when required
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Equal Opportunity Employer