Assistant or Associate Professor of Physics
The University of Mary seeks qualified applicants for a full-time position in Physics to begin fall 2017. Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and
rank. An advanced degree is required by time of employment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Teaching courses in physics and physical science (12 credits a semester), and helping to develop and to expand programs in physics
- The successful candidate with understand, support, and advance the liberal arts and excel in teaching at the undergraduate level
- All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php).
Required qualifications include:
- Advanced degree by time of employment
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the
- University of Mary.
- Supports the on-going implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Arts and Sciences and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a (1)cover letter that addresses the candidate’s interest in the position, and commitment to supporting the missionof the University of Mary, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) teaching portfolio (if available), (4) official or unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (5) at least three letters of reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
For more information, please visit www.umary.edu/philosophy and www.umary.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To be guaranteed full consideration, all application materials should be received by February 10, 2017.
Equal Opportunity Employer