Assistant Registrar for Catalog and Data Systems
The University of Mary invites applications for a full-time, 12-month, exempt Assistant Registrar for Catalog and Data Systems. The Assistant Registrar for Catalog and Data Systems provides leadership, in conjunction with the Registrar, for the planning, organization, and management of all activities related to the Office of the Registrar, serving as a designated official authorized keeper of the university’s student records and maintaining data systems within the Office of the Registrar. The position has significant responsibility in maintaining and optimizing data systems, assisting with degree audits and degree conferral, and serving as an NCAA Compliance Assistant.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinates the development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of systems related to student academic records, course scheduling, course catalogs, class scheduling, student registration, academic advising, and applicable websites
- Responsible for the day to day interpretation, implementation, and communication of policies and procedures of the university, state and federal agencies, and higher education accreditors.
- Oversees and directly supervises the Registration Systems Specialist; coordinates activities of personnel in the completion of department functions
- Collects, records, maintains, and reports student records, such as grades, registration data, and transcripts, according to FERPA guidelines
- Coordinates the overall electronic record-keeping functions of the department to ensure proper management, storage, and retrieval
- Coordinates department functions, including the completion of enrollment verification and certification reports, files, records, and applications; preparation and distribution of degree plans and schedules; registration of students; and collaboration with internal and external auditors in the provision of records and documents for completion of periodic units
- Oversees the term and course construction functions of the Registrar’s Office
- Represents the Office of the Registrar on the Data Standards Committee.
- Collects, catalogs, and implements academic changes authorized through the curricular change process (i.e., Academic Council, Graduate Council, University Senate, President’s Office and Board).
- Coordinates or directly produces various reports, including Student Academic Progress (SAP) reports, NCAA or other compliance reports, and National Student Clearinghouse reports.
- Assists with degree conferrals.
- Serves as NCAA Compliance Assistant, in conjunction with the Assistant Registrar for Transcripts & Records.
- Performs other related duties as requested and assigned.
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of the Registrar and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
- Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- Master’s degree
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related experience and one (1) year of supervisory experience
Knowledge and Skills Include:
- Working knowledge of Jenzabar EX or another SIS, SharePoint, Adirondack or another housing system, PowerFaids, Radius or another enrollment management system, and/or Canvas or another LMS preferred
- Knowledge of FERPA
- Database and record management skills
- Ability to learn, understand, and utilize student information systems, vendor software solutions, and technical tools used in current business processes
- Ability to read, understand, and explain technical manuals, documentation, and policies and procedures
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks with competing deadlines and with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong customer service skills
- Ability to supervise office personnel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to perform accurate and timely data entry, and maintain detailed and accurate records and files for history, audit purposes and reports
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Equal Opportunity Employer