Coordinator and Faculty for the RRT to BSRT
The University of Mary School of Health Sciences invites applications for a full-time faculty position as an instructor and coordinator of our new Respiratory Therapist (associate’s degree) to Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (RRT to BSRT) completion program to begin Fall 2017. Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and rank.
The successful candidates will teach courses within our RRT-BSRT distance education completion program. Teaching responsibilities include, but are not limited to critical care pathophysiology, critical care monitoring, evidence-based practice, healthcare leadership, and healthcare research. Duties will also include course development, program coordination and advising respiratory therapy students. Utilization of an effective teaching style that supports a diverse student body is essential. In addition, engagement in professional development, scholarly activities, and service will be expected. Candidate must possess the ability to use independent judgment in performing various tasks and meeting responsibilities in a professional manner and must maintain a high degree of confidentiality. This is a full time (12 month) position. All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php).
Required Qualifications include:
- A master’s degree in Respiratory Therapy or related field with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited respiratory therapy education program
- Current National Board for Respiratory Care credentialing as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and licensed or license-eligible as an RRT in the state of North Dakota
- Clinical experience as an advanced level respiratory therapist in the critical care setting
- Current technical respiratory therapy skills. Management and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn curriculum design, development and evaluation
- Ability to engage and support faculty across disciplines and to possess the skills, drive, and self-discipline needed to manage and organize projects, curriculum, and people
- Excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level and evidence of supporting student formation outside the classroom through academic advising
- Upholds and support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Health Sciences and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. Qualified applicants should submit (1) a cover letter that addresses the candidate’s commitment to supporting the mission of the University of Mary, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) teaching statement, (4) records of classroom evaluations (if available), and (5) three letters of recommendation to: email@example.com or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. Emailed applications preferred.
Review of applications will begin February 15, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer