Graduate Assistant – Athletic Training and Kinesiology
The University of Mary invites applications for a Graduate Assistant for the Athletic Training and Kinesiology department. The successful candidate for this Graduate Assistant position should excel in teaching at the undergraduate level and possess the ability to complete athletic training activities while maintaining an active research agenda. The candidate will assist with competency testing for the undergraduate athletic training students and assist with faculty with lab courses in the undergraduate athletic training program.
Other responsibilities and objectives required with this GA position will include:
- Building relationships with facilities and preceptors
- Obtaining sites for the students in the MS and BS programs
- Teaching assigned courses
- Completing site visits
- Completing assessments and evaluations on a regular basis of sites, preceptors, and students
- Advising students in the MS and BS programs
- Upholding and supporting the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supporting the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Building a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Health Sciences Department and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
Position Requirements Include:
- Must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Graduate Studies at the University of Mary
- Must support higher education in a Benedictine tradition
- Must have experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer through the BOC and licensed in the state of ND and in good standing
This position includes:
- The employment is for one calendar year, however, he or she can be rehired for an additional year
- Graduate Tuition – a total of 38 credits can be reimbursed (19 credits per year)
- A minimum of 20 hours per week of work is required
- A stipend is provided
The University of Mary overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. The Athletic Training Program is CAATE accredited in good standing.
Equal Opportunity Employer