Graduate Assistant for Exercise Physiology Department with Proximal 50
The University of Mary invites applications for a graduate assistant for the Exercise Physiology Department. This 9-month appointment begins September 2017 and has the possibility of being renewed for a second year. The Graduate Assistant (GA) position involves 20 hours/week at Proximal50 and 5 hours/week at University of Mary Exercise Physiology Department, primarily assisting with:
- Personal training services for people interested in primary and secondary prevention
- Small group training
- Attending staff meetings
- Creation and implementation of any new programs developed for Proximal50 services
Exercise Physiology Department, University of Mary:
- Testing and providing supervised exercise services at the Exercise Clinics
- Data entry for Exercise Clinic, PEP, and Program Alumni Databases
- Marketing efforts including working the EXS and CEP booth, speaking to high school and undergrad college students about the programs, and assisting in a needs analysis project for CEPs in the region
- Bachelor of Science degree, major in Exercise Science
- Must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Graduate Studies at the University of Mary
- Must support higher education in a Benedictine tradition
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Health Sciences and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary Exercise Physiology Department consists of the Exercise Science Program, Bachelor of Science degree, and Clinical Exercise Physiology Program, Master of Science degree. Both programs in the department involve a clinical emphasis in the curriculum, practice standards and domains published by the American College of Sports Medicine, research experience, and fieldwork/internship experience. The Department of Exercise Physiology also serves the community via a pro bono Exercise Clinic, staffed by graduate and undergraduate students and supervised by faculty.
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link:https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Equal Opportunity Employer