Graduate Assistant for Sports Information
The University of Mary Athletic Department is seeking applicants for a Graduate Assistant for Sports Information. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting in all aspects of sports information: writing press releases and feature stories; assisting with game day responsibilities from maintaining statistics to media coordination; creating game programs and promotional items for Marauders athletics; maintenance of www.goumary.com and social networking sites; webcasting events and other tasks as assigned. This two-year assistantship is available July 1, 2017.
Graduate Assistant positions also include:
- Graduate Tuition waiver
- A stipend is provided
- A partial meal plan is provided
- Ability to use Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of StatCrew software preferred
- Social media experience
- Graphic design and photography skills preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, public relations, sports management or a related field preferred with prior experience working in a sports information office, college athletic environment or university public relations office helpful
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, social media)
- The successful candidate will possess a good work ethic, attention to detail, ability to manage sensitive and confidential student information, and a familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Graduate Studies at the University of Mary
- Must support higher education in a Benedictine tradition
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the office of Athletics and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
University of Mary Marauders Athletics
The University of Mary is a member of NCAA Division II and the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference and offers eight nine varsity sports for women and eight for men. UMary became an active member of the NCAA in 2007. The process took only three years after the NCAA waived the final two provisional years, making the University of Mary’s transition to active membership one of the quickest in the organization’s history. The Marauders began competing in the NSIC in the fall of 2006.
Athletics at the University of Mary began in 1970 when Fritz Fell was brought on board to start a men’s basketball program. Al Bortke succeed Fell in 1973 as the men’s basketball coach and athletic director and over the next 36 years would develop an athletic program that enjoyed tremendous success at the NAIA level and later in NCAA Division II. After achieving a record of 335-156 in 16 years as the men’s basketball coach that included 11 20-win seasons, Bortke became UMary’s first full-time athletic director in 1989. During Bortke’s tenure, UMary grew from one varsity sport (men’s basketball) to 19, as the Marauders athletic program became a national power in the NAIA. A member of both the Marauders and NAIA athletic halls of fame, Bortke spearheaded the University of Mary’s move to NCAA Division II.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Equal Opportunity Employer