Student Involvement Coordinator
The Student Involvement Coordinator provides creative and dynamic leadership for a high-quality student activity program in support of a vibrant student life culture that edifies the University of Mary’s Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission, identity and values. The student activities program is a co-curricular program designed to provide students with experiential learning opportunities to learn and practice organizational leadership skills through membership in student organizations and by planning, marketing, coordinating and evaluating events, activities and educational programs designed for the student body. The appointee will provide supervision of the Student Involvement Center located in the Lumen Vitae University Center.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Provides effective administrative leadership to develop and maintain a high-quality 12-month student activities program to include effective program evaluations and assessment, development of program goals based on student input and institutional goals, promotion and marketing of activities, events and programs, and budgeting and budget management
- Serves as a student life educator to engage and mentor student leaders in effective planning, marketing, coordination and evaluation of activities and events designed to incorporate student interests and achieve institutional goals
- Supervises the Student Involvement Center which serves as the home for Student Government and Student Organizations and the university’s student programming board
- Develops and maintains a strong and vibrant student organization program providing students with a variety of student organizations with opportunities to learn and develop relational, leadership and organizational skills
- Develops and maintains a high-quality education/cultural program designed to comply with various legal mandates while informing students and enhancing their ability to understand and appreciate different cultures (e.g. Constitution Day activities, sexual assault and harassment prevention programs, multi-cultural events and programs)
- Coordinate and supervises student content for the University campus app
- Plans and coordinates Student Involvement Fairs at the start of each semester designed to provide opportunities for student organizations to recruit new members
- Provides workshops and leadership development opportunities for student organization advisors, officers and members
- Updates and publishes the Student Organizations Manual at least once every two years
- Serves on various committees and task forces as assigned including the annual University of Mary New Student Orientation, Homecoming, Student Development Council and Awards Banquet Committees
- Collaborates with other members of the Student Life Department to achieve departmental goals
- Serves as the advisor for Marauders Activities Committee (MAC)
- Serves as the point of contact for all student sponsored activities on campus
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required
- Preference will be given to applicants with a master’s degree in higher educational leadership, student affairs, business, marketing or another field closely related to the position responsibilities
- 2 years of experience in planning, coordinating and marketing successful events and activities is required. Experience as a student who has been a part of a student activities programming board will count towards this requirement
- Preference will be given to applicants with 3-5 years of experience planning, coordinating and marketing successful events and activities. Experience with student activities and student organizations in a higher education environment is preferred
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the office of Student Development and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Understanding of the relationship between the University of Mary’s Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission, identity and values and the leadership needed for a vibrant student activities program as a key component of the university’s student culture. Demonstrated ability to plan, develop and coordinate a variety of creative and effective activities and programs for students. Ability to assess and evaluate program effectiveness and to implement a plan for continuous improvement of the program.
The University of Mary overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Equal Opportunity Employer