Undergraduate Psychology/Graduate Counseling Faculty Position
The University of Mary is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time faculty position in the Undergraduate Psychology and Graduate Counseling Program of the Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences beginning in the fall of 2017. The Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences offers undergraduate programs in education, psychology, social work, and criminal justice, along with graduate programs in education and clinical mental health counseling, school counseling, and addiction counseling. The Graduate Counseling Program has an annual enrollment of 60-80 students across its two sites, which are located in Bismarck, ND, and Fargo, ND. The Undergraduate Psychology Program has a total enrollment of approximately 80 students.
This position is a full-time faculty rank position and is directly responsible to the Chair of the Graduate Counseling Program and the Psychology Program Director. The teaching responsibilities of this position include:
- Teaching graduate courses (face-to-face and/or via distance technology) in the Graduate Counseling Program (a minimum of 6 credits during fall, spring, and summer terms)
- Teaching undergraduate courses (face-to-face and/or via distance technology) in the Undergraduate Psychology Program (a minimum of 6 credits during fall, spring , and summer terms)
- Assisting the Graduate Counseling Program Chair and Directors with program coordination, development, and application for CACREP accreditation
- Assisting the Psychology Program Director with program development and other task, as assigned
- All roles and responsibilities associated with a full-time faculty appointment, including teaching, advising, scholarship, dissertation and thesis committee assignments, and service to the school and institution
- Miscellaneous academic duties, as assigned by the Graduate Counseling Program Chair and/or Psychology Program Director
Required qualifications include:
- Earned (or within 12 months of earning) a doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision, preferably from a CACREP accredited program
- Successful higher education graduate teaching experience preferred
- Licensed or license-eligible in North Dakota as one or more of the following: clinical counselor, addiction counselor, and school counselor. Experience in addiction counseling is preferred
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Academic Affairs and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
The University of Mary, a center of learning in the Benedictine tradition, has a three-fold mission: teaching, scholarly study including research, and service. It is the responsibility of all faculty members to promote the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary and to implement the principles of Ex Corde Ecclesiae. Each faculty member shall be responsible to intentionally build a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in accord with St. Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association and education programs in the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences are accredited by the North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. Qualified applicants should submit their letter of interest, resume or curriculum vitae, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Applications will be accepted until 4/1/2017 or until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer